DIY Digestive Powder: A Simple Recipe for Better Digestion
There are many different types of digestive powders available in the market, but if you want to prepare your own at home, here is a simple recipe:
- 1/2 cup cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup dried mint leaves
- 1/4 cup ginger powder
- 1/4 cup black salt (also known as Kala Namak)
- 1/4 cup rock salt
- 1/4 cup asafoetida (also known as Hing)
- Roast the cumin, fennel, and coriander seeds in a pan over medium heat until they become fragrant.
- Let the seeds cool down and then grind them into a fine powder using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Mix the ground seeds with the dried mint leaves, ginger powder, black salt, rock salt, and asafoetida.
- Store the digestive powder in an airtight container and keep it in a cool, dry place.
To use the digestive powder, mix a teaspoon or two in a glass of warm water and drink it after a meal to aid digestion. The powder can also be sprinkled over salads, soups, or other dishes as a flavorful seasoning.
Why should you use digestive powder
Digestive powder can be an important addition to your diet as it can help improve digestion and relieve digestive discomfort. Many of the ingredients in digestive powder, such as cumin, fennel, and coriander seeds, are known for their digestive properties and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
Digestive powder can help stimulate the production of digestive enzymes, which can break down food more efficiently and reduce bloating, gas, and other digestive issues. It can also help relieve constipation by promoting bowel movements and can improve nutrient absorption by the body.
Moreover, digestive powder can be a healthier alternative to antacids and other digestive aids that are often filled with chemicals and synthetic ingredients. By making your own digestive powder at home, you can ensure that it is made with natural ingredients and free of any harmful additives.
Overall, digestive powder can be a simple and effective way to support your digestive health and improve your overall wellbeing.